- Flag belt with 2 flags attached
- Cherokee Zombie Run T-shirt (guaranteed if signed up before Oct. 20)
- Swag Bag with a variety of goodies in it.
- Custom pottery stamped medal.
What to bring:
- Photo ID.
- Parent/legal guardian signed waiver (only if you are under 18).
- You will be covered in mud, blood, and other apocalyptic liquids after the race, so bring a towel and a change of clothing (especially socks and clean shoes to change into).
- Your speed and agility.
Information for all Runners:
- Each runner will be given 2 life flags that they must hang visibly and be readily accessible from their waist band.
- Runners will have the opportunity to win an extra life flag at the Vaccination Station mid-way through the course.
- If needed, Runners will be scheduled in waves 15 minutes apart.
- Runners need to arrive 1 hour prior to race time to allow for parking and check in procedures.
- Runners WILL NOT be timed. The object of the race is to survive the zombie apocalypse by having at least one life flag left in your waistband.
- Zombies will be scattered throughout the course. Some zombies will be stumblers, some will be runners, but all will be able to take your life flags.
- Runners are required to stay on the course where there will be some additional obstacles. Runners are encouraged to complete the obstacles, but are not required to do so; however, all runners are to stay on designated path. Runners who do not stay on the path will be disqualified from the run and may not be allowed to finish the course.
- Runners are not permitted to push, kick, hit, or in any way have intentional physical contact with any Zombie or other runners. Participants are not allowed to hold or throw objects of any kind.
- Water stations will be positioned throughout the course. These stations will be Zombie Free Zones.
- Runners may wear any running attire they choose, but must be able to wear the life flag belt. You will get dirty and possibly scraped up.
- Wear good running shoes. NO OPEN TOED SHOES!
- Runner’s life flags must be present and visible at all times throughout the race. Runners may not tie or secure their life flags in any way that will prevent them from being removed by a simple grab and pull of the flag. Runners are also not allowed to remove the flags on their own until after being decontaminated by officials at the finish of the course.
- Runners that have all of their life flags taken must still complete the course. You do not automatically become a Zombie and start taking other runners flags. Runners are not allowed to in any way take other runners flags, take flags from zombies, or pick flags up off the ground.
- Decontamination Officials at the finish of the course are the only ones who will determine your life state and issue you final Cherokee Zombie Run life status based on the flags you have or don’t have in your waistband.
- Runners must be 16 years of age on the date of the event to participate alone. All minors (under 18) must have a parent or legal guardian present at check in to sign the liability release waiver that all participants must sign.